Additionally, we guarantee that the selection and implementation of a future-proof treasury technology landscape meets our client’s key functional and technical treasury requirements.
Zanders’ proven methodology for selecting the right treasury technology solution(s) begins by conducting an in-depth understanding of the current treasury set-up. This is in order to understand the current situation, identify all strategic options available and align them with the technological requirements of our clients.
For an international organization, the selection of treasury and risk management technology usually offers major opportunities in the areas of automation, standardization & centralization.
We assist our clients in the selection of an ‘off-the-shelf’ system to support their treasury department.
These systems include:
- treasury management systems;
- risk management systems;
- dealing platforms;
- market data systems;
- bank communication systems;
- cash flow forecasting systems;
- payment factory systems;
- bank account management systems; and
- other service providers, such as SWIFT Service Bureau, EMIR Trade Repository, Trade matching software.
In the optimization of their treasury processes, many international organizations use treasury and risk management systems. We subsequently assist organizations in the implementation of these systems.
In our system implementation projects we provide the following services to our clients:
- combining treasury and risk management business and system knowledge;
- the team is able to deliver support from beginning to end of the implementation, in the following ways:
- execute a fit-gap analysis;
- set-up a system redesign;
- redesign of the treasury and risk management processes;
- implementation of the system or application;
- testing (UAT);
- conversion (Parallel Run);
- provide support after ‘go-live’; and
- provide a post implementation review (PIR).
- We can fulfill different project roles, including:
- project manager;
- business consultant;
- liaise between vendor and client;
- functional consultant;
- implementation consultant;
- test manager; and
- quality assurance.
Zanders has partnerships with multiple system vendors, however maintains independence, which enabling us to be completely impartial for our clients.
- System selection
Zanders has assisted numerous treasury departments with the system selection process and has developed the following standardized selection processes and tools:
- Identification of treasury department requirements;
- Define a short list based on functional and technical requirements;
- Managing Request for Proposal process (creation and issuance of RFP document, analysing vendor responses and chairing workshops with selected vendors); and
- Proven scoring model for evaluating vendor responses.
- System implementation
Using our enhanced implementation methodology, incorporating PRINCE2 project management principles and Zanders’ best practices, we ensure that the software is fine-tuned to the organization’s processes and existing IT landscape in the following ways:
- Creation of a detailed design/blueprint document for each treasury process in scope;
- System configuration;
- Adequate unit and user testing; and
- Training of users.
We actively track around 60 treasury management systems from 40 vendors, have in-depth understanding of their functionalities and help our clients to select the system which best fits their requirements.
Furthermore, we offer:
- in-depth understanding of the treasury and risk management processes;
- the ability to define a short list;
- a predefined RFP document and selection questionnaire;
- a scoring model in place for the selection of the system;
- and more than 20 years of experience in selection projects.